The Canadian government offers IEC working holiday visa to young individuals all over the world who wish to attain some professional experience and experience Canadian lifestyle for a short period of time. This visa has a validity of 12 to 24 months and the eligibility of a candidate is determined by different factors such as their age, country and educational status.
How to get a Working Holiday visa in Canada?
Here’s a step by step guide on how to apply for an IEC working holiday visa in Canada:
- Checking the eligibility
- Creating a Profile
- Getting an invitation to apply
- Filling out the form and submitting the documents
- Processing the application
Eligibility to Apply for Working Holiday
The first step of application is to determine if you are eligible to get the working holiday visa. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The applicant should be older than 18 years old and younger than 35 years.
- The country of the applicant must allow them to apply for an IEC work permit.
- The applicant must use a RO to apply for the visa
There are different pools of getting an IEC working holiday visa. Candidate must select the pool that is most suitable for them before filling out the application form:
- The working holiday visa: This visa is an open work permit, for candidates who do not have a job offer, who might be willing to work with different companies and may need money to cover their travel expenses.
- Young Professionals: This is an employer-specific work permit for candidates who are hired for a paid job by one company, in one location only.
- Internship: This category is for students registered in an institute who need to work in order to finish their studies. They are allowed to work in one company at one location through this visa.
How to Create Working Holiday in Canada Profile?
Once they’re held eligible, the candidate must create a working holiday in Canada profile. The candidate has to first fill out their basic details on the website questions like country of citizenship, permanent residence, temporary residence, and student or job offer in Canada. After that, they must fill out and submit the online application form present on the website.
How to Apply for Holiday Work Permit in Canada?
The candidate must know a few requirements before they applying for a working visa in Canada.
- Know the date and time of the deadline: After submitting their profile, you will get an invitation to apply (ITA) from the Canadian government. You must submit your application within 20 days of receiving ITA.
- Complete the online form: You must fill out your application form correctly and submit it with all the required documents.
- Submit the required documents: Following documents are required to be submitted with the online form:
- Proof of financial support
- Medical exams
- Health insurance
- Police certificates
- CV/ resume
- Digital Photo
- Family Information
- ETA or Visitor Visa Application
- Pay the fees: Don’t forget to pay the processing fee for visa application as mentioned on the website.
- Submit complete application: After filling out all the details, paying the fee and scanning colored documents, you are ready to submit your application.
- Submit the biometrics: Just as the form gets submitted, you will receive an email regarding the biometric verification where you will have to submit your photos and biometric fingerprints. Deadline for submitting biometrics is 30 days after receiving the email.
What After Application?
After the application is submitted, the applicants can do the following:
- Processing the application: Application processing time is 4 weeks. After this period, candidates will be called for an interview. In case of an incomplete application, it can be returned without processing.
- Approval of application: Once their application is approved, the candidate will receive a POE which they will have to show to a border service officer at the time of their arrival in Canada.
- Refusal of application: In case of refusal, a letter of explanation is sent to the candidate.
- Withdrawal of application: Applicant can withdraw their approved application anytime from the website and they will be refunded their fee.
Working holiday visa is a great opportunity for youngsters who wish to travel to Canada and add some Canadian experience in their resumes.